Wednesday, October 3, 2007

you were the last good thing about this part of town

there are 2 bands who got me into music. linkin park and fall out boy. i remember the first fall out boy cd i had, a burned copy of take this to your grave, i still have it. i remember i was just kinda of experimenting with different music from what i normally listened to when i was a freshman in 2003. one band i started listening to was fall out boy. i had that fucking cd in my cd player walking around school all day. i knew i had found something i loved. throughout freshman year i kept listening to them. at this point i was never really into going to shows, i went to the occasional linkin park concert but never really a show. i went to my first fall out boy show the beginning of sohpmore year. december 26th, 2004 at irving plaza. i remember it very clearly. i wish i remembered when i bought those tickets because it fucking changed everything about my life. i remember driving to the city with my mom and my 2 friends. it was freezing out. we waited online for like a half hour. the line was only up to the chinese place at the corner. we had tickets for the matinee show and the night show. it started snowing when we were online. things were soo different. there were people all my age or older, mostly guys. i remember being in that crowd so well. midtown gym class heroes and the academy is opened. those bands were soo fucking small, there wasnt even a crowd for the academy is. people were laughing because they didnt understand why there was a rap group on tour with fall out boy. i remember being in that crowd, singing, with like 20 sweaty ass dudes just all around me and on top of me. it was fucking awesome, the feeling of seeing and having a connection with all these people, and this band. it was so amazing. i would fucking give me life to go back to that day and replay it all. i dont care what people say about pete wentz or make fun of me, you dont know how i fucking got started. before they were this poppy band, they were fucking amazing pop-punk, they were fucking amazing. it gives me the chills just thinking. pete recently announced they will be played very secret shows during their upcoming tour and they will only be playing songs from take this to your grave. my world is going to explode the night this happens.

No comments: